We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our Service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Email List and Giveaways
- When you sign up for Service updates with your name and email address, you are opting in to be notified about Giveaway information via email.
- A condition of being eligible to win a Giveaway is that you must be registered for that individual Giveaway as per the specific Giveaway Rules using a valid name and email address.
- Service update email subscribers and Giveaway entrants agree to receive communications from the Service as well as SnapKnot in the form of transactional emails, news, and updates in the form of regular email newsletters.
- The Service may offer Giveaways that are sponsored by one or more third parties. Please refer to the specific Rules for each Giveaway for details.
- By entering a Giveaway you agree to receive transactional and commercial communications from the Service, our website, and in some cases any Sponsors of that same Giveaway.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you enter a Giveaway, the basic required information is a valid name and email address.
- The Service also may ask entrants to provide, either as a requirement for entry or as an optional method to earn bonus entries, information including but not limited to: professional photographer status, photography categories, company name, location, product or service preferences, and other demographic data.
- This data may be collected at the time of entry or in follow-up emails in the form of surveys.
- our website uses collected information for the following general purposes: Giveaway eligibility, products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies may be required to use the Service and will be implemented or not at the discretion of the Service. In using the Service you agree to accept cookies from the Service.
- Service visitors, entrants, and emails subscribers may see SnapKnot or third party advertising including but not limited to banner ads and text link ads on the Service and in email communications.
- Email list members can opt out of receiving third party offers in their email subscription settings.
- Advertising may come direct from SnapKnot, a third party, or use an intermediary known as an ad network.
- Our website uses the Google AdSense ad network to deliver certain ads. You can learn more about How Google uses browsing data.
- We never require purchase of a product or service to use the Service. No purchase is required to enter any Giveaway or gain bonus entries in any Giveaway. Advertising provides relevant products and services that are 100% optional for Service users.
- The Service may promote certain services or products for which it receives financial consideration known as an “affiliate fee” based on user actions including but not limited to views, clicks, conversions and purchases.
- Affiliate placements may take the form of banner ads, product image links, and contextual text links.
- Affiliate relationships may be direct with a third party or via an affiliate network.
- Our website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- We never require purchase of an affiliate product or service to use the Service. No purchase is required to enter any Giveaway or gain bonus entries in any Giveaway. Affiliate products and services that are displayed are 100% optional for Service users.
- Service site visitors and members may see ads on the Google Ad network on any website that uses this network based on their browsing habits, sites visited, and content viewed.
- The Service may use the Google Ad network and similar third-party ad-serving networks to serve ads to Service users as they browse the web.
The Service uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
Our website may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
Our website may periodically update this policy. We may notify our users about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the user’s primary email address or by placing a prominent notice on our site. We reserve the right to make changes to the Service without such notice given. Users will not necessarily receive notifications for all updates or changes.